June 17, 2009

Chiang Mai





So I've spent the past three weeks in Chiang Mai which is an amazing city in northwest Thailand. The city is so colorful. The monks wear vibrant orange robes, the temples are composed of blindingly white stone and shiny yellow roofs. The mountains give the town a deep blue backdrop and the sky is always a spectrum of grays.
I just received my teaching placement for the next 4 months. I'm going to be about 5 hours south of Bangkok in a small beach town near Prachuap Khiri Khan. I'm taking an overnight bus on Saturday and arriving early Sunday morning. I'll be teaching english, science and math to high school students. I'm apparently qualified to teach science and math as a result of my architecture degree. They don't know that I just went to design school for 5 years.

2 comments: